Following surgery, therapy may be an integral part of your rehabilitation to get you back to the activities you love. While it is common to see a physical therapist after surgery, Dr. Kavi Sachar recommends being setup with a Certified Hand Therapist, which is a specialized branch of Occupational Therapy. You may view our recommended Hand Therapy Providers list here.
These protocols are designed for both the patient and hand therapist to reference throughout the recovery timeline. This home base of information will help the patient know what to expect in the weeks following surgery.
Please select your specific surgery here to find your post-operative protocol:
- Carpal Tunnel Release Protocol
- CMC Arthroplasty with Speed Spiral Protocol
- Dequervain’s Tenosynovitis Protocol
- Distal Radius ORIF Protocol
- Dupuytren’s Excision Protocol
- Ganglion Cyst Excision Protocol
- Trigger Finger Release Protocol
If you are unsure if you may need occupational therapy following surgery, and do not see your procedure listed above, please contact Dr. Sachar’s clinical team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (970) 479-5886.
At a Glance
Dr. Kavi Sachar
- Specializing in Hand, Wrist, & Elbow Surgery
- Board Certified Orthopedic & Hand Surgeon
- Consultant to the US Ski & Snowboard Team & Colorado Avalanche
- Learn more